These muffins are a personal favourite of our dietitian, Shirley, who follows a low FODMAP diet to manage her IBS symptoms
- 1 Red capsicum
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 bunch chopped basil leaves
- Green tops of one bunch of spring onions
- 10 eggs
- ½ cup grated hard cheese (e.g. cheddar)
- ½ tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 180⁰C.
- Rinse outer shell of eggs, crack into a large bowl and whisk
Chop the capsicum, tomatoes, basil and spring onion and mix into the whisked eggs. Add salt.
- Grate cheese and set aside.
- Spray muffin pans with non-stick spray. Pour mixture into the muffin tray.
- Sprinkle muffins with cheese.
- Place tray in the oven at 180⁰C for 25-30 minutes.
- Muffins can be frozen to be enjoyed as an on-the-go breakfast for a couple of weeks. To defrost, place muffins in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- You can swap the vegetables in this recipe for your favourite low FODMAP vegetables. Check the Monash University Low FODMAP Diet app for low FODMAP serving sizes