Tomato and basil bruschetta
- 4 medium tomatoes, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 slices sourdough spelt bread*
- Salt and
- Combine tomato, basil,
vinegar, sugar and 1 tablespoon of oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill on
medium-high. Place bread on a baking tray. Grill for 1 to 2 minutes each side
or until golden. Transfer to plates. Drizzle with remaining oil. Spoon tomato
mixture onto toast. Serve.
Stay tuned for the next Monash Uni Certified bread recipes we'll be revealing over the coming weeks!
*Monash University Certified lowFODMAP sourdough spelt bread