A popular and classic recipe from our app - now on the blog, enjoy!
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 8 spring onions, green tops only, finely chopped
- 500g lean beef mince
- 4 carrots, sliced length ways and cut into slices
- 2 zucchinis, sliced length ways and cut into slices
- 500g tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Bay leaves
- 4 Tbsp Tomato paste
- 4 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 bunch thyme leaves
- 400ml low FODMAP chicken stock (Try Monash FODMAP Certified Massel stock, or make your own, recipe here)
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded
- salt and pepper to season
- 8 Waxy potatoes (try Pontiac), sliced
- 600ml lactose free milk
- 100ml lactose free cream
- 4 Tbsp Pecorino cheese
- Preheat an oven at 180°C. In a large pan heat a little olive oil. Add in the spring onions and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add in the beef and brown whilst stirring.
- Add in the carrots, zucchini and tomatoes and stir through. Then add the bay leaves, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and stock.
- Chargrill the capsicum and dice. Add to the meat. Cook sauce on a low simmer until it thickens and becomes a richer colour. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place potatoes in layers in a baking dish. Mix the milk and cream together, season and pour over the potatoes. Bake until the potatoes are soft
- To assemble, use a lightly-greased, oven-proof dish and place a layer of mince on the bottom. Top with the potatoes. Sprinkle with pecorino. Bake until the cheese is melted and the dish is hot through.