Hemp seeds are newly tested and protein packed, so they are a great addition to these tasty morsels that can be used as a quick snack or lunch box treat. Here is a seriously easy, low FODMAP recipe that is kid friendly, healthy and delicious.
*Note: No nuts allowed at your school or workplace? See tip at the end of the recipe
(Makes 12 x 25g balls)
• 1/2 cup (128g) natural peanut butter (no added salt or sugar)
• 2 generous tbsp (40g) pure maple syrup or sorghum syrup. I used maple syrup
• 1 tsp (6g) vanilla extract
• 1/3 cup (50g) hulled hemp seeds
• 1 2/3 tbsp (18g) oat bran
• 2 tbsp (25g) linseeds (flax seeds)
• 3 squares (30g) dark chocolate, chopped into small chunks
Note: If your mixture is not sticking together, add 1 Tbsp of water or melted coconut oil. This will be necessary for the nut free version.
|Nutrition information/serve||1 serve = 1 ball|
|- Saturated fat||1.8g|