- Place capsicum under the griller for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally until skins blacken and blister. Turn occasionally. Place aside to cool.
- Brush bread with 1 tablespoon of oil. Place bread under the griller until lightly charred. Tear into bite-sized pieces.
- Peel capsicum over a bowl to save juice. Discard skins. Cut into 3cm wide strips.
- Place bread, capsicum, tomatoes, olives and basil in a large bowl.
- Season bread mixture with salt and pepper.
- Whisk remaining oil, vinegar and capsicum juice together. Season with salt and pepper. Pour dressing over salad.
- Toss salad gently and serve.
Tip: this salad pairs nicely with cooked chicken or lamb.