Many store bought sauces can be high in FODMAPs, terriyaki especially with ingredients such as golden syrup and garlic, this recipe is quick, low FODMAP and will jazz up any weeknight dinner!
Serving suggestions include
- Marinate your chicken or salmon is the sauce and serve with rice and veggies with more on top (you could even make a fancy 'poke bowl')
- Stir fry low FODMAP greens (broccoli, silverbeet, a few snow peas) with teriyaki
- Make teriyaki sushi rolls with marinated chicken or tofu
- Japanese style 'fried rice' with low FODMAP veg and teriyaki sauce
- Try a quick stir fried tofu served with rice, coriander (cilantro), sesame seeds and lime (pictured above)
Recipe - serves 4
- 1 cup water
- 5 Tbsp brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp corn starch
- ¼ cup cold water
- Mix all ingredients together in a saucepan (except corn starch and cold water) over medium heat.
- Whisk together cornstarch and cold water in a small bowl until corn starch dissolves.
- When sauce is simmering, slowly pour in corn starch mixture whilst continuing to stir until the sauce thickens to desired consistency.