Carrots in porridge? For some, an odd combination but we promise,
it is super delicious! We have also added the newly tested hemp seeds, hemp
seeds are a complete vegetarian protein source with a mild nutty flavour. They
are becoming more widely available all over the world.
This breakfast is
- High in soluble fibre
thanks to the oats, linseeds and carrots
- Full of healthy fats with hemp
seeds, walnuts and linseeds
- Contains protein from hemp,
oats and walnuts the to keep you feeling satisfied
- Adds extra vegetables to
- Tasty and warming
- 1 cup of oats
- 3 cups of water
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Linseeds (Flaxseeds)
- ¼ cup Raisins OR dried
- ¼ cup walnuts (or other low
FODMAP nut you like)
- ½ cup milk of your choice
- 4 Tablespoons hemp seeds
- Maple syrup to serve
Note: For a gluten free option, try using quinoa instead of oats.
- In a medium pot, add the oats and water stirring with a wooden spoon over medium heat.
- When the oats just come to a boil, turn the heat down and add the carrots and cinnamon, stirring
- When the porridge has cooked to your liking, about 10-12 minutes total, take off the heat and stir in the dried fruit and nuts.
- Serve into 4 bowls and top
with the milk, maple syrup and to boost your protein, 1 tablespoon of hemp