This recipe is one of the quickest, most impressive desserts you'll find. The hardest thing will be keeping to the low FODMAP serve size!
Berry Frangipane Tart
- 75g butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1 Tbsp gluten free cornflour
- 150g blueberries (or a mix of low FODMAP berries)
- 2 Tbsp pure icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180c. Grease 6-8 loose-based flan tins and place on oven tray, you can also use one large loose based shallow tin
- Mix butter, vanilla, and caster sugar together in a small bowl with electric mixer until combined. Add the egg and mix well.
- Gently mix in the almond meal and cornflour, stir until smooth. Spoon the mixture into the tin/s, smooth the surface with the back of a hot spoon and sprinkle with blueberries
- Bake in the oven for 30 mins until the surface is golden brown and firm to touch. Let stand before turning out of the trays.
- Serve with a dusting of icing sugar