24 November 2015
This stuffed turkey roulade is an indulgent and delicious recipe that is perfect for Thanksgiving Dinner! And better yet, 1 serve is low FODMAP
Prep time: 1 hour
Cooking time: ~40 minutes in a preheated oven at 180oC
1. Preheat a fan forced oven to 180oC
2. Trim chicken or turkey fillets of sinew and fat
3. Flatten fillets between two sheets of silicon paper by thumping with a meat mallet or rolling pin. The fillets should be about 1.5 cm/0.6" thick
4. Cut the capsicum (bell pepper) into long thick strips
5. On a new sheet of silicon paper arrange the pancetta slices so they overlap slightly
6. Place the flattened fillet in the centre of the pancetta and arrange the capsicum strips in the centre.
7. Mould a tapered log of the stuffing and align it with the capsicum.
8. Carefully roll the entire breast using the pancetta to 'seal' the roulade.
9. Spray a roasting dish with olive oil and place the roulade with the pancetta strip ends facing down and spray lightly with olive oil.
10. Repeat the above with the remaining fillets.
11. Roast for approximately 40 minutes (note this time may vary depending on the oven and size of the fillets)
12. Rest in a warm place for about 15 minutes before slicing into 2cm rounds