Pumpkin and Zucchini Savoury Slice
- 2 tsp garlic infused olive oil
- 300g Jap pumpkin, grated
- 5 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ cup gluten-free plain flour
- ½ cup reduced fat ricotta
- 250g zucchini, grated, moisture removed
- 2 tbs. chopped fresh chives
- 2 tbs. chopped fresh continental parsley
- ½ bunch spring onions, chopped, green tips only
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup reduced-fat tasty cheese, grated
- Balsamic glaze, to serve (check ingredients to ensure contains no high FODMAP ingredients such as honey)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease and line a 26x16cm (base measurement) slice pan
- Heat oil in a large frying pan. Cook grated pumpkin for 3-4 minutes or until beginning to soften.
- Whisk the eggs, egg whites and flour in a large mixing bowl until combined. Stir in ricotta, cooked pumpkin, zucchini, chives, parsley and spring onion tips.
- Pour mixture into prepared slice pan. Scatter cherry tomatoes on top of mixture and lightly press down.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until lightly golden and cooked through when tested with a skewer.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake for a further 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden.
- Cut slice into 6 even pieces. Drizzle with balsamic glaze to serve.