Here is a super fast, classic pesto recipe you can whip up for dinner tonight!
Credit to Jamie Oliver for this recipe - additions have been made to make this low FODMAP. Find the original recipe link below.
- 20g blanched almonds, toasted and roughly chopped
- Garlic infused olive oil
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 20g pecorino cheese
- 250g ripe cherry tomatoes
- 50g green beans
- 350g gluten free gnocchi
- 1 lemon
- 50g rocket
- Fill a deep pan with salted water and bring to the boil over a high heat.
- Place almonds into a bowl, add a pinch of salt
- Pick and very finely chop the basil, and stir into the almonds with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of garlic oil. Season with salt and black pepper, then finely grate in half the pecorino.
- Halve the tomatoes and add to the pesto mix. Crush with your hands until they are mixed together.
- Trim the beans and add to boiling water for 4 minutes, or until tender. Lift out of pan and chop into 3cm lengths. Put aside.
- Add the gnocchi to the boiling water and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until they float.
- Drain, reserving a mugful of cooking water, then tip back into the warm pan along with the pesto and beans. Put the pan over low heat and stir gently, loosening with cooking water, until everything is hot and the gnocchi is coated with pesto.
- Measure 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a bowl, season, and squeeze in lemon juice to taste. Add the rocket, then toss to cover.
- Divide the gnocchi between plates, scatter with rocket and grate over the remaining pecorino.
Original recipe: https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/pasta-recipes/gnocchi-alla-trapanese/